Following is a brief summary of construction progress during the past week and the anticipated activities for next week. Naturally, the schedule is subject to revision due to weather delays or unforeseen circumstances.
- Berger Excavating has completed earth excavation and aggregate subbase installation from Oakwood Place to Hawthorne Place. Please note that Berger is storing the approved recycled asphalt material here and the roadway is approximately one foot higher than the proposed elevation.
- North Avenue from Wilmot Road to Oakwood Place will be open to local traffic only, per the approved Engineering plan, by the end of the working day Friday, 8/26.
- Temporary aggregate ramps were installed at all driveway and roadway entrances.
- Storm sewer installation has continued at the east project limits working west towards Stratford Lane.
- Water main installation has been completed via directional drill operations from Hawthorne Place to Woodbine Court.
- Visu-Sewer has completed the cleaning and televising of the existing sanitary sewer main from Hawthorne Lane to Telegraph Road.
- A dust control plan has been implemented and maintained.
Anticipated schedule for next week:
- Berger will continue storm sewer installation from just west of Crowe Avenue working west.
- Water main installation via directional drill operations will continue from Woodbine Court to the east project limits.
- Percentage Complete: 26%
- A detour is in place and the is road closed to thru traffic. However, construction operations will require daily lane or roadway segment closures and present delays for local vehicular traffic along North Avenue. We continue to appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout the duration of this project.